Re: What SESAC stands for

On Thu, 28 May 1998, Donna Halper wrote:

> A lot of kids shows back then had assorted puns that only a parent could
> appreciate-- I didn't realise that till a few years after watching those
> shows...  "Time for Beanie" also had a character called Louie the Lone
> Shark-- Loan Shark... get it???  So did we ever figure out what SESAC
> *really* stands for???

I remember the "Loan Shark" in a Beany and Cecil comic book.  They were
looking for Cecil's cousin, Alec Tricity, who was an electric eel.  They
went to a kind of mid-ocean shopping mall, at the sign of the flying red
sea horse.  The Loan Shark was one of the businesses there.  Another was a
place for electric eels to get recharged.  The sign said, "A good charge
or no charge."

One of my favorite puns from Beany and Cecil was the character "Tearalong,
the Dotted Lion."

But then Howdy Doody had an even better one:  King Yardstick.  He was a
ruler.

 A. Joseph Ross, J.D.                                         617.367.0468
 15 Court Square                                      lawyer@world.std.com
 Boston, MA 02108-2503                       http://world.std.com/~lawyer/