Future changes at WKVT

For those who are keeping score, Westwood One will be losing one Adult
Rock and Roll affiliate effective July 31, namely WKVT-FM (92.7
Brattleboro, Vt.). What will happen with the station thereafter is still
somewhat up in the air at this point, but from the information I have at
this time it seems it will remain classic rock, although locally
programmed. Whether it will be live 24/7 or at least partially "canned"
remains to be seen (...er, heard). I'll keep you all posted on this
developing situation.

WKVT's affiliation with CNN Radio also ends on July 31 (again for those
keeping score). WKVT remains a CBS affiliate.

And from the rumor mill, the Boston Celtics may find a new home in this
market next season. This past season they were heard on "Sportsradio AM
1450 WTSA". Again, this is only a rumor, nothing has been signed in ink
as of this writing....

Just thought you'd all like to know (for those that didn't already)....

Doug Brigham (Bassett)
WKVT AM/FM
Board Op./Airshifts (weekends/fill-ins)/Asst. PSA Dir./General Building
Maintenance Guy/Whatever They Tell Me To Do As Long As I Get Paid (I
receive no compensation for this post, however)
Brattleboro, Vt.