Grandma Got Run Over By A SESAC....

In a message dated 98-05-23 13:22:46 EDT, dlh@donnahalper.com writes:

<< As was mentioned elsewhere in another e-mail, some talk stations that have
 lot of music-oriented guests or use a lot of music in their promos DO pay
 fees to ASCAP, and BMI, and more are now paying SESAC because this society
 recently signed some very big names. >>

I remember several years back I worked for a station thatwould not play
"Grandma Got Run Over By A Reindeer" by Elmo and Patsy because they were
licensed to SESAC.  Since they really didn't have many major artists on their
roster, the station did not subscribe to them.  That station was not the only
one that did this, from what I've heard.  I think that eventually E&P switched
over to EMI or ASCAP, because all of a sudden there was a "new" version of the
song and most stations that didn't play it before started to play it.  Can
anyone clarify?

Mike Thomas, WXLO & Premiere Radio Networks