Re: Frank Sinatra dead at 82.

On Fri, 15 May 1998, PETER GEORGE wrote:

> Even while I was in college radio, I loved some of his 60's tunes
> like "The Summer Wind" and "Strangers in the Night" and played them.  I
> never got a complaint.

I did the same thing on my oldies show on WMPG/Gorham, ME (way back in
their mono ten-watt days in 1981.)  Another jock did a weekly Friday
night show consisting of nothing but Frank Sinatra and Frank Zappa
tunes.  Bizarre, perhaps, but that's college radio for ya! :)
And what veteran of Portland radio can forget the infamous Big Ange on
WASY/Gorham in the 80s, whose daily show was a virtual shrine to the
Chairman of the Board (and who probably had the same underworld
connections, for all I know. :)

Take care,

Chris, covering his kneecaps just in case

P.S.  Did anyone take note of WLAM's programming today?