No Subject

Subject: Re: R.I.P., Frank Sinatra, 1915-1998

I would think that after the death late last night of Frank Sinatra that
 (I haven't had a chance to chance to scan the radio dial) the various
 satellite standards stations are running tributes and playing a lot of
 his music.

I wouldn't be too surprised if WODS-103.3 played a couple of his 1960's
 hits (e.g. "Strangers In The Night" and his duet with daughter Nancy,
 "Something Stupid Like I Love You") and likewise, I wouldn't be too
 surprised if WROR-105.7 played these songs today plus his big 1970's
 hit "My Way" and the 1980 hit "New York, New York", which ranks as
 Sinatra's biggest-selling hit single of his entire career.

However, I'd suspect that the best Sinatra tribute on American radio
 today is coming from New York's WQEW-1560. With Jonathan Schwartz,
 one of their air personalities, an authority on Frank Sinatra's music
 (Mr. Schwartz also hosts a Sinatra block on his afternoon show and I
 think he also does an hour-long Sinatra show on the weekends), this
 will probably be by far the best salute to "Old Blue Eyes" you'll
 find on the dial.

I have also heard that NBC's "Dateline" program (8-9 P.M. tonight,
 Friday May 15th) had dropped their plans to show the hour-long report on
 the Massachusetts man who took his daughters to Florida--much of the
 program was to feature an interview with the girls' mother--in favor of
 a Sinatra tribute. According to Channel 7's (Boston) noon news, the
 report on the man who took his daughters to Florida has been rescheduled
 to Monday night.

Joseph Gallant

<notquite@hotmail.com>