Re: Glitches and Brainlessness

<< As for invention of facts, having been active in local politics and dealt
 with the local press, I'm quite sure it happens.  A number of years ago,
 the Tab invented my potential candidacy for Selectman.  >>

In the 1970's, as a joke, a reporter in Maine included the name of a State
Senator who was known around the State House for his lack of intelligence and
ability on a list of people that were being talked about as possible
candidates for Governor.  The Senator took it seriously and started talking to
people about running!  In the end, someone finally told him it was a joke.  I
am sure he did not think it was funny, but the State House press corps sure
did.

Dan Billings
Bowdoinham, Maine