Re: Bye, bye WAAF on 1150; Hello "1150 The Touch"

On Wed, 13 May 1998, FM radio 1 wrote:

> As Donna has mentioned recently, there is growth amongst the 25 to 54 minority
> demographic in Boston, particularly in the upper and middle classes.  This
> would explain why Greater Media remains committed to Smooth Jazz, which also
> targets this audience.  With WILD's awful signal and no other urban
> competition (outside of WJMN), I think that the Touch, if properly promoted,
> could reach a 1 share, which would be the best 1150 has done in a long time.

That's the key point right there.  "if properly promoted."  It's been a
long time since any 1150 format has been promoted at all.

 A. Joseph Ross, J.D.                                         617.367.0468
 15 Court Square                                      lawyer@world.std.com
 Boston, MA 02108-2503                       http://world.std.com/~lawyer/