Re: Glitches and Brainlessness (was:MESSAGE ID: 1EC610858)

This is more in the glitch territory, though it would have been nice to have
acknowledged it on-air.

A local station was airing a reference to Mary Matalin (re her cancelled talk
show)... and used a picture of Marlee Matlin over the anchor's shoulder.
*Slight* difference.

'A. Joseph Ross' wrote:

> On Mon, 11 May 1998 NORIAC@mln.lib.ma.us wrote:
>
> > In the newscast, the anchor (I don't recall her name) made a major gaffe
> >  in reporting one of the top stories.
>
> And I caught Cokie Roberts in a gaffe on Sunday Morning's "This Week" on
> ABC television.  She referred to Netanyahu as the =president= of Israel.
> The president of Israel is Ezer Weitzman.  Netanyahu is the prime
> minister.
>
> In a similar vein, People magazine, in its "50 most beautiful people"
> issue, contains a quote referring to British prime minister Tony Blair as
> "a charming, witty, capable head of state."  A prime minister is a head of
> government, not a head of state.  The British head of state is the Queen.

>  A. Joseph Ross, J.D.                                         617.367.0468
>  15 Court Square                                      lawyer@world.std.com
>  Boston, MA 02108-2503                       http://world.std.com/~lawyer/

- --
Douglas J. Broda