Re: Classic Country

- -----Original Message-----
From: Bill O'Neill <billo@erols.com>
To: Paul Hopfgarten <Hopfgapr@sprynet.com>; FM radio 1 <FMradio1@aol.com>
Cc: The Boston Radio Archives <boston-radio-interest@khavrinen.lcs.mit.edu>
Date: Monday, May 11, 1998 7:02 PM
Subject: Re: Classic Country

>>Didn't WKOX play some satellite-driven "classic country during the
>>105.7/WKLB days?
>>
>>How did it fare?
>
>Not sure, but wasn't there that particular bird feed on 1510 when it was
>WSSH AM or some other incarnation?  Bill O'Neill

That was WKKU at 1510 around 1990(?) They also carried the Boston Bruins.
However, I do think they were "contemporary" as opposed to "classic"
country, even if satellite-driven.

I only asked about WKOX circa 1995, because I believe it was _intentionally_
"classic" country, designed to compliment then 105.7-WKLB's "Hot" format.

- -Paul Hopfgarten
Derry NH