Re: Adventure Car Hop

On Sun, 3 May 1998, Paul Hopfgarten wrote:

 In the 1950's and early 60's, Rte 99 WAS Rte 1 through
Saugus/Malden/Everett, and the Current Rte 1 was called Rte C-1. Hope this
doesn't further confuse people...

Then, Joe Ross said:

If so, then all the sites we've talked about on Route 1 would be wrong!

At 05:54 PM 5/4/98 -0400, Paul Hopfgarten replied:
Just to clarify....
Rte 99 (from Rte 16 in Everett to the junction of Rte 1 at the "dinosaur
mini golf" in Saugus) is the "old" Rte 1. Now, north of that point has been
Rte 1 since at least before the 50's.
Now, was the Adventure Car Hop North of the "dinosaur", or South of it???
If south, then it was likely on the present Rte 99.
Unfortunately, I'm just little too young to remember A.C.H. myself.

Bill Piacentini answers:
Paul is absolutely correct about the "Old Route 1" which is now Route 99.
However, Adventure CarHop was north of the "Old Rotary"(Dinosaur Mini Golf?)
and its former site was always on Route 1. After all, the jingle on Arnie's
Show always said:   "... out on route one in Saugus come dressed just as you
are ..."