Re: WTRY AM/FM reception and notes

>The duopoly I work for uses hard drive systems for both of our stations
>(CHR and Classic Rock) and I love it.  While the "charm" of doing radio the
>old way, with jock in studio playing 45s or carts or CDs or whatever is
>missing, it sure is nice not to be chained to that board for a 5 hr shift.

Curious, but do stations typically keep their jocks on a full-time/benefits
schedule even with the hard disk system in place?  It would seem as one step
closer to working mainly part-timers/no fringe to fill out the schedule and
get some free spots cut at the same time.

Bill O'Neill

- --WebTV-Mail-920655208-8552--