Re: WTRY AM/FM reception and notes

At 01:21 PM 5/3/98 -0400, Bill O'Neill wrote:

>Jocking to a hard drive in thirty second blips, the radio approach to
>quality assurance, if you define quality that way.

The duopoly I work for uses hard drive systems for both of our stations
(CHR and Classic Rock) and I love it.  While the "charm" of doing radio the
old way, with jock in studio playing 45s or carts or CDs or whatever is
missing, it sure is nice not to be chained to that board for a 5 hr shift.
Yes, it takes getting used to doing your breaks "dry", but once you get the
hang of it, it's simple. We get Christmas & Thanksgiving off, there's some
flexibility when it comes to wanting some personal time....frankly, I
wouldn't want to go back.  I see few, if any drawbacks (except when someone
screws up and doesn't update the weather, or leaves in last week's break).

Steve