Re: WTRY AM/FM reception and notes

Dan Strassberg wrote:

> Doug: Since you are in Troy, listen for a pattern change at sunset. Sounds
> as if, at least on the day that the person who wrote the original post drove
> across southern VT, WTRY was running its night pattern during the day. As I
> wrote earlier, WTRY used to run DA-1 but switched to DA-N sometime in the
> 70s. The idea was to sacrifice some signal in Bennington, Williamstown, and
> Pittsfield, which aren't part of the Capital District market, to provide
> coverage of Saratoga and Mechanicville, which are.

I'm not an expert (or close to it) on that subject, but I think you may well be
right. I didn't know about the pattern switch in the 70s (might have been before I
moved here in '77), and 'TRY has had a sunset switch of patterns as long as I can
recall.

I'll try to check in the next few days to see if the pattern change happens when
it should. It's audibly obvious on 'TRY.

- --
Douglas J. Broda
Broda and Burnett
Attorneys at Law