Re: Gory TV coverage

In a message dated 5/1/98 6:03:07 PM Central Daylight Time, Dib9@aol.com
writes:

<< Chases happen somewhere everyday and do not need to be
 broadcast live nationwide like was done by MSNBC,  >>

MSNBC brodcasts live chases because they have the technology to do so. If CNN
had the same hardware NBC/CNBC/MSNBC had they would do exactly the same thing.
We can get out of anywhere in the countryin less than a minute and the reason
it ios doen is because the ratings go throught roof when we do it and if you
notice, all of the other stations and cable channels use the footage as lead
ins to the nightly news "Courtesy MSNBC".
Those helicopter chases are not cheap to produce, it would be much cheaper to
just stay with regular programming. Commercials are lost, satellite time, and
helicopter time costs.

Mike