Re: Drake "killed" Good Guys Radio

In a message dated 4/30/98 10:05:18 PM Central Daylight Time,
dlh@donnahalper.com writes:

<< Much
 of what he did would probably not work in our pseudo-sophisticated age, but
 he gave me hope-- if HE could make it in radio, then a woman or a minority
 or a person without a deep voice could too, as long as they had a sense of
 humour and a love of radio... we can't just blame Drake-- as time passed,
 the novelty of Arnie wore off, as radio-- and society-- changed...    >>

When I listen to some of his airchecks or his cruisin album his voice reminds
me of a teenagers voice. Maybe that was another reason teens of the era loved
him.

Mike