Re: pro wrestling

Bob P. wrote--

> Ch. 8 used to run wrestling on Saturday afternoon. I don't remember the
>announcer but certainly recall the commercials for SaladMaster. The guy
>who did them used to make a salad in less than a minute with all the
>attachments. I'd love to have one of those things today.

Chris somebody-- Chris Nahatos?  I think he is even still alive...

then Bob wrote--
> The wrestlers....Dick the Bruiser, Killer Kowalski, Wild Bull Curry,
>Arnold "The Golden Boy" Skaaland (pronounced Skoaland), Bullet Bob Melbe
>(sp?), The Von Erich's - Fritz and Karl, the Kangaroos from Australia,
>Bobo Brazil (of the famous Coco Butt. He was for real; I saw him close
>up and he had dozens of little scars on his forehead), Argentina Rocca,
>Argentine Apollo. Professor Turo Tanaka, Mitsu Arakawa (not sure of the
>spelling), The Graham brothers,  Chief Jay Strongbow and so many others
>whose names I can't remember.

And don't forget Larry Szybysko, whose dad had been a wrestler too-- as had
Randy The Macho Man Savage's dad, if I am not mistaken... and Chief Jay
Strongbow (really Jay Scarpa from Brooklyn, NY) and Indian Billy White Wolf,
and Baron Mickel Scicluna and of course Dick the Bruiser and Stan the Man
Stasiuk.  Yup, they don't write 'em like that anymore...

Does anyone recall the Boston promoter-- I think his name was Sam Menacker
or something like that.  He was married to June Byers, a lady champion.

There are still a couple of wrestling shows on radio, aren't there?  I
recall there was one on the air in Brockton or New Bedford-- I heard it in
my car a couple of times, but at 2 AM, I can't recall the station... I loved
the enthusiasm of the host, however.