WCAP/WTRY (was: WSRO/let's be civil.../community radio...)

Dan writes:

>I haven't run the numbers, but I would be surprised if WCAP's signal to the
>southeast at night were as _low_ as 6.4 kW equivalant. My guess is that
it's
>more like 20 kW equivalent.

Could the 6.4 kW figure be a night ERP average of some sort?  I recall
seeing that number somewhere at the XMTR literature.

However, WCAP gets some really wicked nighttime
>and daytime skywave interference from WTRY and at least one other
station--I
>think a French-language station in eastern Canada (CBV Quebec City?).

I definitely sense that WTRY signal is a lot stronger here than in days past
(although, to my knowledge, no changes have been authorize.)  During off
overnights, pre-sunrise, WTRY kicked in on the mod monitor (with obviously
low s/n).  Could WCAP's talk format result in lower average modulation,
thereby enabling WTRY to squeeze by easier than in the former music days
when the modulation was  maxed out?

>Surprisingly, WWRC in DC, which is a very old station that now runs 50 kW
>during the day, does not seem to interfere significantly with WCAP.

What is the history and status of WTRY's contour's D/N? Have there been any
changes?

Bill O'Neill