No Subject

Subject: Re: RIP, Victor Best.

It should also be noted that after leaving channel 4, Victor Best spent some
 time as a weekend news anchor (c. 1961) at channel 7, then, in 1964-65, did
 a news show for the then WIHS-TV, channel 38 at 5:45 and 10 P.M. I would
 suspect that the WIHS newscast was nothing more than Mr. Best reading from
 a script.

Being too young to really remember local news on the then-WNAC-TV in 1961, I
 can't tell you if Mr. Best's weekend newscasts circa 1961 had newsfilm
 (either full-fledged film stories from reporters in the field and/or film
 Mr. Best narrated as a voice-over) or whether it was another case of
 reading from a script for 15 minutes.

Joseph Gallant

<notquite@hotmail.com>