Re: let's be civil...

>WQEW is a well programmed and executed station, but I'd be willing to bet
that
>if the station ever moved to an FM signal, most of it's listeners would
>follow.  There is no other place in New York to hear that kind of music, so
as
>Donna says, If you put something "compelling" on AM, it will generate some
>interest.

Add my amen to that.  When people want to listen to what they enjoy, they do
so on whichever media is available.  Of course, FM is much clearer than AM,
but if I enjoyed certain ethnic programs, for example, and if they were not
available to me on FM, I'd listen to it on AM, shortwave, whatever.

In broadcasting, it's more the message than the medium.

Shel Swartz

WRKO/The Big 68 Remembered!
Where we just found Chuck Knapp!
508 Glenwood Drive