Re: WSRO

>In a message dated 98-04-22 01:17:08 EDT, steveord@xtdl.com writes:
>
><< Even on crappy stations that no one listens to like WSRO, time usually goes
> for $100-200/hr.  Where are you going to find enough businesses who are
> gonna advertise on a station no one listens to to cover that expense...most
> of us have at least one job here, who's got the time to do all that
> selling?   >>
>Ethnic radio. Are there any major ethnic groups in Ashland or surrounding
>communities?
>
>Mike

	WKOX, 10kw d, 1kw nights, spanish religious programming. IF 890 moves there could be a hole for another ethnic station in metro west, but why would you consider ethnic when this group tends to lean toward local english programming?
	It may fill a "hole", but doesn't really accomplish what we seem to discuss, making "local radio" local again. It would become just another ethnic niche station, right?
	Just my $.02