Re: The Scramble To Ashland

On Wed, 22 Apr 1998, Jibguy wrote:

> I understand from decent sources that 890 IS going to move to 590's towers.  I
> believe that it is possible to do so, if 890 beams N, E & S by day and then
> beams a worthless E at night (kinda like WXKS-1430).  Daytime, the contours
> would have to protect WCBS-880 on the Cape, but with lets say 5kw directional
> with an inverse of WBZ's pattern coming from 590 site, it could happen.  5kw
> would likely not reach the Cape with 0.5 mv/m.  But a 5kw signal so close to
> Boston would make it a daytime Boston station.... better than the lousy signal
> right now.     --- Now, the buzzards will be flying over the site, since it
> appears it will be abandoned (but not for long!!!)

Well, if it's not that great a site, maybe it should be abandoned, at
least for radio transmission purposes.

 A. Joseph Ross, J.D.                                         617.367.0468
 15 Court Square                                      lawyer@world.std.com
 Boston, MA 02108-2503                       http://world.std.com/~lawyer/