NPR, et all....et ux.....

> Personally, I don't like NPR and don't count it in the same respects
as
> commercial talk radio. Maybe that is a flaw on my part. Commercial
radio has
> to play by the forces of the dreaded market whereas NPR do not.

NPR has, imho, one of the best "hosts" on radio today (If the word
'host' still is applicable in this day and age.)

Ray Suarez who hosts "Talk of the Nation" has to be one of the best talk
show hosts on the air today.

He's even handed...can make almost any topic interesting/appealing...has
a human side....But most of all...I just CAN'T peg him politically.

He seems to be able to explore both sides of an issue without tipping
his hand and letting you know which side he is on.

Also, don't dismiss the "market forces" that DO appaly to WBUR, WGBH,
etc.  No listeners = no contributions, coperate or otherwise.  And their
success as a station has only come by being able to show incredible
ratings for a non-commercial entity.