No Subject

Subject: A New Format For Uncle Mel To Market?

Given the Opie & Anthony mess, I have thought that they might yet wind up
 in Uncle Mel's empire of syndicated fare.

Opie & Anthony in the afternoons (and Howard Stern in the mornings) could
 become the cornerstones of a syndicated CBS format of Shock-Jock Talk.
 Uncle Mel could then find some other foulmouths (e.g. The Greaseman?)
 for middays, evenings, and overnights, and then syndicate a format of
 shock jocks talking away on sleazy subjects that could doiminate men
 18-34 with locker-room talk.

While I'm appaled at the possibility, I also realize that Opie & Anthony
 have made national news with their recent antics, and if they (along
 with other "shock jocks") were to be signed to contracts with Uncle Mel,
 he could then offer Howard Stern affiliates the chance to drop music for
 more shock jocks. Considering that Mr. Stern is # 1 overall (or at least
 with 18-34 men and/or 18-34 adults) in most of his markets, some station
 managers might actually jump at the chance to run that kind of stuff on
 a 24/7 basis.

If Uncle Mel were to indeed do this, Bill Paley would be turning in his
 grave and Frank Stanton (who, as far as I know, is still alive at around
 age 90) would shed some tears wondering what happened to his once-proud
 CBS Radio Networks.

Joseph Gallant

<notquite@hotmail.com>