Re: WBOS signal

At 12:40 AM 4/12/98 EDT, you wrote:

>But, I do have a question.  I work in 101 Huntington Avenue (part of the Pru
>complex) and I'd like to know why I cannot receive any AM stations on my radio
>when I'm at work -- We're right across from 116 Huntington, home of WRKO, but
>I can't hear them. So during the day, if there's a news story, I get it from
>the internet, but can't tune in WBZ - (or whatever station on AM broadcasts
>news these days.)  Is it just because I'm in a brick highrise and the signals
>are blocked out?

Yes. And flourescent lights and lamp dimmers create interference that
affects AM but not FM. A higher quality AM radio _might_ help, but it also
might not. Also, your location relative to that of of the studios has
nothing to do with the quality of the reception. If you were near the
stations' transmitters, it would be another matter. WBZ's tranmitter is in
Hull, WEEI's is in Needham. WRKO's is in Burlington.

(617) 558-4205; Fax (617) 928-4205