Re: Big Four AMs - or not

On Sat, 11 Apr 1998, Martin J. Waters wrote:

> For the Red Sox to be on some
> "network" of three, four, or five lousy AM signals just to cover the Boston
> area is like a neon sign flashing "small time" and "third-rate." Not what
> baseball needs, as it has enough troubles losing its fan base as it is.
> (Geez. How'd that soapbox sneak in under my feet. Putting it away now.
> <g>.)

Interestingly enough, when the Red Sox moved, way back when, from WHDH to
WITS and from Channel 4 to Channel 38, my father remarked that he couldn't
understand why a major league club was dealing with minor league stations.

 A. Joseph Ross, J.D.                                         617.367.0468
 15 Court Square                                      lawyer@world.std.com
 Boston, MA 02108-2503                       http://world.std.com/~lawyer/