Re: MESSAGE ID: 1EC610858

Martin, since you are on the South Shore, you can tune in the Plymouth AM
station to listen to Red Sox games or whatever sports they run. That was my
main point; there are other small AM affiliates who also run sports so there
is no need to run sports on the clear channels or bigger AMs. To remind the
rest of the list, I was commenting on the fact that the Paula Jones lawsuit
had just been thrown out and there was not one station talking about it
because sports was on all the AM signals. I am a Red Sox fan; and when I am at
work, I will sometimes listen to the games, but if a major news/political
event happens, that needs to be discussed, and there are no stations talking
about it, where is our community? Sports is entertainment, in some could say,
should take second place to important news stories. Granted, the Jones case
being thrown out was not like nuclear attack. But with the way we worship
sports and athletes, one has to wonder.

Just my $2, as someone else on the list cleverly states,

Tony