Re: WNFT/WNRB (was Re: MESSAGE ID: 1EC610858)

>At 08:03 AM 4/11/98 +0000, Dan Strassberg wrote:
>WPZE is south of Boston (Milton), but sends almost all signal north at
>night. I suspect that except in the immediate vicinity of the WPZE TX, WNFT
>does better at night on the South Shore than WPZE does.

I live on the South Shore, and usually cannot receive WNFT after dark (even
during the day, it's pretty shaky). WPZE (1260) is very weak, but I still
can hear it. WEZE (590) booms in all day long. Although, I am unlikely to
listen to any of those stations! I can almost always receive WEEI (with
intereference), WRKO (quite well), and WBZ (no problems). I CANNOT pick up
WPLM(AM) after dark, even though I can see the transmitters from the hill
next to my house, blinking away. But, that's entirely another story.

                                                              - Keith Barry
                                                              abarry19@mail.
idt.net