Re: WNNW/WCCM

At 05:03 PM 4/9/98 -0400, you wrote:

>I believe they get 2 hours past local sunset, which puts them at 9:30Pm
>signoff.

I believe this is incorrect. My understanding is that daytimers on Class A
channels are only allowed to remain on two hours past sunset if the daytimer
is outside of the 0.5 mV/m 50% skywave contour of a Class A station located
to the west of the daytimer. WNNW is well within WBT's 0.5/50% contour, so
WNNW is required to sign off at approximately Charlotte sunset. I say
approximately because, according to the original FCC PSSA rules for
daytimers on clear channels, the times did not always coincide exactly. That
part may since have changed.

(617) 558-4205; Fax (617) 928-4205