Re: The Lone Ranger

On Thu, 9 Apr 1998, Rick Kelly wrote:

> It wasn't that long ago that Clayton Moore was making a stink about how
> =he= was really the Lone Ranger.

For those of us who grew up with his portrayal, he was.  Even though Jon
Hart played the part on TV for a couple of years.

All of which reminds me of an account I saw on the otr list a few years
ago of an Old-Time Radio convention at which one event was a re-creation
of a Lone Ranger radio show.  Fred Foy, the announcer, was there to
reprise his role.  And Jon Hart read the Lone Ranger's part, since Brace
Beemer died in 1965.

Then, during the convention's closing program, someone noticed that Jon
Hart wasn't there.  Fred Foy said, "Jon Hart never waits around for thanks
when his work is done.  He's the Lone Ranger!"  With that, Jon Hart came
in and shouted "Hi Yo Silver, Away!"  Then the William Tell Overture came
up on the sound system, ending the convention.

 A. Joseph Ross, J.D.                                         617.367.0468
 15 Court Square                                      lawyer@world.std.com
 Boston, MA 02108-2503                       http://world.std.com/~lawyer/