Re: Mike Adams on WNRB

At 02:27 AM 4/8/98 -0400, you wrote:
>Well, other than the fact that the station sounds a bit small market (both
>audio-wise and production-wise), I think it will be a good move to have
>Mister Mike doing a local talk show.  When I heard him tonight, he and his
>sidekick seemed a bit more gross than usual-- is this their strategy for
>getting ratings away from Ted Sarandis and WEEI-- lots of talking dirty?
>Otoh, Mike has a good knowledge of sports and a sarcastic sense of humour--
>as a consultant, my hope is that he keeps his ego in check, however.  At
>satellite-driven stations where there is no real PD to critique you or reign
>you in, it becomes all too easy for an announcer to talk endlessly or do
>whatever he pleases, no matter how it might sound...

Well, talking endlessly may be a necessity; since hardly anyone listens to
WNRB, getting callers may be a problem. I do not recall Ferrell, the
co-host, talking dirty on earlier incarnations of the show. But Ferrell's
former sidekick (identified only as Rocket Man) had a very rough-spoken
"dese and dose" presentation. I don't recall him talking dirty either, but
it's hard to imagine someone with that sort of presentation not doing so.

(617) 558-4205; Fax (617) 928-4205