Re: April Fools Pranks

On Sun, 5 Apr 1998 13:14:12 -0400 "Terrence M. Wood"
TERRY_WOOD@prodigy.net> writes:

>I believe that the guys at WAAF in management, and the on air staff
>that did the Mayor Menino death April fools stunt should be summarily
fired.

I find it very hard to believe that these guys didn't check with
management about the way they were gonna proceed on 4/1.  I'll have to
agree with folks who stated that any publicity is good publicity.  I'm
sure that there were a number of other personal and professional
motivations to pull such a prank:

1.  Publicity.

2.  I'm sure that the staff there is on some level thinking "Who cares?
We may not be here in another couple of months anyway!"

3.  Andy and Opie  may also be preparing themselves for their next gig:
"Hey man, we were the guys that said the Mayor was dead, and got tons of
free publicity!  Don't cha think you should hire us, man?"

Then of course, there's the other possibility of sheer stupidity on some
person(s) part.

Another opinion:  the suspension thing is silly.  It simply ends up being
a ploy to get more people to listen when they come back.  It's all a
sham!  But remember, folks, it's entertainment!

Rick Kelly

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]