Re: Parenteau on WRKO

With all due respect to Dan, I am not envious of Mark Parenteau at all. He has
earned everything he has gotten. I am not a huge fan of his (having known many
people who worked as producers at WBCN, I could tell you a slew of stories
about how lazy they are as DJs, I am surprised they call them DJs are all...)
and I don't think he is a very good talk host. He is a good chatter though and
fits the role fine. As someone else on the list stated, he took the position
before he got the NYC job. I never said that he HAD or SHOULD give up the
slot. I was just making reference to the fact that WRKO could've have put in
any of a number of talkers in Boston looking for work. And as I also said in
the post, if Parenteau was to leave, there is no guarantee WRKO would hire a
different local talker, in fact just the opposite. They would probably do
syndication.

I have never turned down a job because someone might have needed it more but I
have turned down second jobs because I didn't need them and thought someone
else might. When I first got hired at WUNR part-time last year, they wanted me
to work two morning shifts. I instead suggested they hire two people for two
shifts, not only to allow someone else who might have needed the shift, but
also because I couldn't fill both shifts. so they hired two people instead of
one. Maybe I am stupid, sometimes I give a damn about others.

Saturday night is a weird shift at WRKO. I know that the Money Experts were
quite popular in that shift. Although, they too were happy to turn down the
extra shift and just do Sundays since they do full time work too.