Re: WBZ, WRKO

On Fri, 3 Apr 1998, Paul Hopfgarten wrote:

> I believe there is no residency requirement for US House or Senate. Correct
> me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Bobby Kennedy NOT a NY resident when he became a
> US Senator from NY?

There is a residency requirement "when elected."  Bobby Kennedy moved to
New York to run for Senate, and Barney Frank moved from Boston to Newton
to run for Congress when Father Drinan stepped down.  They were both
residents of their constituency by election day.

 A. Joseph Ross, J.D.                                         617.367.0468
 15 Court Square                                      lawyer@world.std.com
 Boston, MA 02108-2503                       http://world.std.com/~lawyer/