Re: Amateur hour at WHYN

On Fri, 3 Apr 1998, Donna Halper wrote:

> Okay, can anybody explain why WBZ still has wrong carts cued up, wrong
> outcues, and announcers still being taken by surprise by what they thought
> was up and what actually ran?  Twice yesterday, this happened-- once when
> Tom Cuddy announced a Pedro Martinez actuality but instead one by Mo Vaughn
> played, and again later when one of the news anchors intro'd an actuality
> but that was not the one which ran. Sloppy radio in a major market--  have
> we really made 'the right choice'?  And as for sloppy radio in Springfield,
> hey even when I was a board op, I listened for cues while the game was on,
> and I was trained enough so that I didn't even miss an ID... maybe they
> don't train the board ops anymore?

I think the whole world is getting sloppy.  Today, while preparing papers
to respond to an eviction action, I suddenly noticed that the landlord's
lawyer had used the wrong apartment number on both the Notice to Quit and
the court papers.  This one's going to be slam-dunk.  You can't evict
someone from an apartment they don't live in!

 A. Joseph Ross, J.D.                                         617.367.0468
 15 Court Square                                      lawyer@world.std.com
 Boston, MA 02108-2503                       http://world.std.com/~lawyer/