April Fools on WAAF

At 12:54 PM 4/3/98 -0500, NORIAC@mln.lib.ma.us wrote:

>I also wish to show my anger at Opie & Anthony, who have again showed
> themselves to have no taste whatsoever. It's almopst gotten to the
> point that I never listen to "straight-ahead" rock-music stations anymore
> because of the locker-room language used by many announcers working in
> this format.
>
>With WAAF due to change owners twice in the next few monthys (temporarily
> to CBS, and then to someone else), I hope someone there will show Opie
> And Anthony the door----before they commit more outrageous acts that
> will continue to offend many listeners just looking for some entertainment!

Don't hold your breath.

You're forgetting that WAAF isn't exactly targeting the most highbrow
audience in the world.  We're talking a station that's targeting a 15-25
male audience, and I'm sure this is the type of "humor" that this audience
eats right up.  Look at Stern and all his wannabes...most if not all pull
the lion's share of the audience (and that particular station's)
income....few, if any know the meaning of the word "class".  You & I may
not have much use for it, but we're not who they're trying to reach, either.

There's no accounting for taste.  I personally find Charles Laquidera
boring as hell, but I know several people who wouldn't dare miss a day of
his show.