No Subject

Subject: Nataliegate.

This week, veteran channel 5 news anchor Natalie Jacobson told a Boston
 Globe reporter her thoughts on that dreaded inevitability of local TV
 news, the consultant.

It seems to me that there may have been some people at channel 5 who may
 not have fully appreciated what she said or fully understood what she
 tried to say.

If you see Brian Leary and Heahter Kahn co-hosting Channel 5's Boston
 Marathon coverage on the 20th (and I think you just might!) instead
 of Jacobson and Chet Curtis, then you know WCVB has taken action.

Obviously, because she's the city's top news anchor, they wouldn't can
 Natalie, but I CAN see WCVB turn the anchoring duties on the Marathon
 broadcast (and perhaps the 11 P.M. weeknight news as well) to Leary
 and Kahn, and thus, reduce Ms. Jacobson's influence.

Joseph Gallant

<notquite@hotmail.com>

P.S.: On Thursday night, channel 4 ran a one-hour special to raise funds for
 battered women's services. As has been the case on prior telethons for
 this cause, Liz Walker was a co-host, but with her last night was Sean
 ("See Sting battle Hollywood Hogan along with the rest of the N.W.O.!"
 Mooney instead of Jack Williams. Might this spell a further "demotion"
 of Mr. Williams??