Re: CBS/ARS merger approved by Justice Dept.

<<On Tue, 31 Mar 1998 21:36:04 -0500, "Bill O'Neill" <billo@erols.com> said:

> Does the EEI _and_ RKO divest. surprise anyone?

No.  Remember that the CBS-Infinity deal resulting in the spinoff of
WBOS hinged in part on the fact that the merged company would have had
a practical stranglehold on certain valuable demographic groups.  WEGQ
and WAAF were pretty obvious goners.  Either WEEI or WRKO taken
separately, when combined with WBZ, WZLX, and WODS, would still have
given CBS similar power over the ``men 35+'' demo.

- -GAWollman

- --