Re: where are the proofers???

>"Unique" is one of those words whose meaning has been changed through
>decades (I'd guess) of improper usage. As you pointed out, unique is NOT a
>synonym for unusual. Yet, that's how it is used at least 99% of the time.

Also, there are NO degrees of uniqueness.  There is no such thing as "very
unique, quite unique, really unique"...

Another one misused on air alot:  MOMENTARILY.  "We'll be back momentarily"
is NOT the same as "We'll be back in a moment."  The former means, "When we
come back, we'll only be here for a moment."  Proper usage would be, "Giving
blood will only hurt momentarily, but will hurt less than listening to that
radio show."

Bill O'Neill