Re: where are the proofers???

On Sat, 28 Mar 1998, PWerlin wrote:

> Maybe it's just that I've always been a good speller (although I have no idea
> when to use its or it's)   My biggest pet peeve these days is that no one
> seems to be able to spell "lose". There's a lot of spam on some of the
> newsgroups I read, and a lot of it is about "loosing weight".  There's a whole
> thread about it right now on alt.support.diet.

I get tired of seeing apostrophe's in plural's.  I'm also tired of seeing
"flaunt" misused in place of "flout."  And I'm tired of seeing "its" in
the possessive sense spelled with an apostrophe.

 A. Joseph Ross, J.D.                                         617.367.0468
 15 Court Square                                      lawyer@world.std.com
 Boston, MA 02108-2503                       http://world.std.com/~lawyer/