Re: NorthEast Radio Watch 3/26

In a message dated 98-03-25 22:33:08 EST, Scott writes:

<< *The FCC has paid a visit to a MAINE radio station that was operating
 without a license.  "I 97-3" was visited by an FCC agent last Tuesday
 night, with a promise of a formal letter from the FCC to follow.  In a
 posting to a pirate radio newsgroup, the station's owner says he was
 running just half a watt -- and notes that the visit came just a few
 days after his station was mentioned here in NERW.  The station
 remains on the air, reportedly running just a tenth of a watt for the
 moment. >>

NERW performs a public service by knocking criminals off the air!  I wonder if
the FCC is now a subscriber.

By the way, the pirate mentioned was playing all 1980's pop and new wave.  I
think another religous translator would have been better.  :-)

Dan Billings
Bowdoinham, Maine