Re: Red Sox on WHCT

>>When I was working at WHAV Haverhill from 1984-87,the station did not want
>>to spring the bucks for a 15 K line or a satellite dish(if Campbell Sports
>>Network was feeding to the bird then)so we received Sox and Bruins games
>>from a boombox tuned to 99.1 that was placed on top of the equipment rack
<snip>

At that point in time, WCAP did the same thing to get the Sox feed.  If my
memory serves, the audio was not all that bad - better than a 5K out of
Switch 56!  (Which usually was at par with a dialup...)  Downside was lack
of the benefit of the raw network aux feed - ops had to actually be at the
pot to take out 'PLM' and always a 5K fun run from the 'comfort station'
around IDs and those wonderful pitching changes.  (Just had a memory moment
when I would hope for a rain delay when Ken Coleman and John Miller were the
team.)  Bill O'Neill