Neila Smith (was WCAS)

In a message dated 98-03-20 18:09:06 EST, Donna writes:

<< > Neila Smith worked there too... >>

Is this the same Neila Smith that anchored news at WCSH and WMTW?  What is she
doing now?  I believe she left WMTW because she didn't want to do the 11pm
news.  They agreed to let her just do the 6:00 pm news so she could spend time
with her young son.   She had battled cancer several years before and
broadcasting was not the most important thing in her life.  She was a real pro
and letting her go helps explain why Channel 8 News is always a distant third
in the Portland market.  The last I heard she was an aerobics instructor in
Portland.

Dan Billings
Bowdoinham, Maine