Re: Brattleboro-Keene Market, part II

- -----Original Message-----
From: Rick Levy <radiowaves@CompuServe.COM>
To: Doug Bassett <dbassett@sover.net>
Cc: boston-radio-interest <boston-radio-interest@bostonradio.org>
Date: Friday, March 20, 1998 8:07 AM
Subject: Re: Brattleboro-Keene Market, part II

>>From Doug Bassett:
>>>It sounds like, well, 1150 watts from 130-140 miles away. (and some days
>it's better than others.)
>...I can only assume the WJIV signal is being received over the air.<<
>
>130 mile reception is a stretch unless, possibly, the receiving site is on
>a mountaintop.  This translator could be picking up the program from
>another translator, via a "daisy chain".  That too would account for the
>over-the-air sound and variability.

As far as 130 miles go, I agree. The only station I can ever pick up 130(+!)
miles away is the
6200 ft superstar WHOM (music sucks, signal the balls) Heck, my '90 Volvo
can pick up WHOM basically "clean" to the beginning of the "lower deck of
I-93" at the Somerville-Boston line.

Now, if I was F-J, I'd try for a low power TX at 94.9 in Boston. (W235??)

- -Paul Hopfgarten
Derry NH