Re: WKBR FM

On Wed, 18 Mar 1998, Ed Brouder wrote:

> 2) WKBR FM was born October 2, 1947, a year to the day after its AM
> sister.  Scott Killgore, William J. Barkley and Bill Rust were the
> owners.

And that must be where the call letters came from!

> While it originated
> separate programs in the early days, WKBR FM spent most of the sixties
> simulcasting AM.

Probably much of the 50s, too.  They were simulcasting AM exclusively by
the time I got an FM radio in December 1958.

 A. Joseph Ross, J.D.                                         617.367.0468
 15 Court Square                                      lawyer@world.std.com
 Boston, MA 02108-2503                       http://world.std.com/~lawyer/