Re: Claremont

At 11:52 AM 3/17/98 -0500, Garrett Wollman wrote:
> I forget
>the origin, but someone sent me mail with two lists of FM stations,
>one from 1950 and one from 1958.  For New Hampshire, here's what they
>show:
>

>WOTW-FM   106.3      Nashua                  NH

This one is interesting.  WSMN has been promoting themselves lately as
Nashua's first station celebrating 40 years on the air.  Looks like WOTW
had them beat by a lot.  Maybe 'SMN means continually operating station
since WOTW was dark for a few years in the 80s.

>in 1958:

>WMTW-FM   94.9       Mount Washington        NH

>Mount Washington must have had an incredible signal at the time; there
>were only seven stations on that channel in the entire country:

Mt. Washington has an incredible signal today, even with all the congestion
on the band.  I wonder, though if they had any greater range...I doubt FM
receivers of that era were all that hot.