Re: CB, Good Buddy

Several years ago I had a car that didn't have a working radio, so I went
over to Wally World and bought a $40 "poor man's cellular phone" (I didn't
have the cash at the time to have a "real" radio installed). I never used it
much to talk, but sometimes it was very entertaining, to say the least. It
also came in handy when I drove said car of the road in a sudden snow squall
on an isolated stretch of route 105 several miles east of Island Pond, VT.
The car is gone, but I still have the CB collecting dust in my basement. My
SW radio tunes up that high, and sometimes I'll listen to ch.19 for a laugh
or two.

Doug Bassett
West Brattleboro, Vt.