Re: WQPH -- new station on 720 in N.H.

>My friend says that
>public radio in that area is heavy on talk in the daytime and the thinking
>is that there is an audience in the Hanover, N.H., / Dartmouth area
>community for classical.

There is no talk programming during the day to my knowledge (between Morning
Edition and before 3 pm) on public radio in the Upper Valley.

The article in the Valley News in question quoted WNTK station owner Bob
Vinikoor as saying commercial classical played the popular selections, while
public stations played more experimental selections.

- -Pete
WNTK morning guy

Opinions expressed are my own to have and to hold.