WQPH -- new station on 720 in N.H.

        A friend in White River told me that the newspaper reported about
three-four weeks ago that the Lebanon, N.H., zoning board rejected plans
for four 266-foot towers for the new AM.  The owner said he planned to
appeal and/or apply for
another location and said he hopes to be on the air by fall. The owner
(pardon, but the name escapes me at the moment) also is reported to be
planning to change the format of the FM he owns in New London, N.H., to
classical when he moves the talk format to the new AM. My friend says that
public radio in that area is heavy on talk in the daytime and the thinking
is that there is an audience in the Hanover, N.H., / Dartmouth area
community for classical.