Re: WBZ archives & WAPE

On Fri Mar 13, Mike Hemeon wrote:
>CBS used a "virtual set". This is a nifty chroma key set that
>has a gizmo that mounts on the cameras and adds a Z-axis to
>the X and Y- Axis so the talent appears to be moving around a
>wall of graphics.

   I'm not certain on the technology - although I suspect a kind
of greenscreen with post-produced component chromakey - but
NBC also created 3 dimensional virtual reality sets a few
years back for their short-lived news magazine, "Yesterday
Today and Tomorrow".
   I don't know anything about network use of the "War Games"
command-center set. The only anecdotal "set-use" story that
comes to mind was the use of a Grass Valley 300 video
switcher as a control panel in "Star Wars". (Of the "Millennium
Falcon", perhaps?)

- - Henry Dane