Re: Radio owned and operated by workers?

On Thu, 12 Mar 1998, Jibguy wrote:

> There are no FCC laws (or any other) prohibiting this, but I can't think of
> any examples off-hand either.   Each partnership and/or corporate owned
> station must submit an annual "Ownership Report" showing all stockholders.
> Stockholders can be corporate clone-bots or real working people.  Doesn't
> matter.     Probably the reason there are few (if any) such people-owned
> stations is that "too many chiefs........" etc.

Well, I do remember a weekly newspaper in Cambridge called "The Real
Paper" that was run that way.  I understand it was a real problem for the
reason you suggest, and that was its eventual downfall.

 A. Joseph Ross, J.D.                                         617.367.0468
 15 Court Square                                      lawyer@world.std.com
 Boston, MA 02108-2503                       http://world.std.com/~lawyer/